Animal Guides, Totems and Medicine Workshop
Animal medicine means that a particular animal brings something into your life that you require at the time. It is called medicine because the encounter or energy of the animal can help strengthen, heal, empower, restore, support or renew you at any level of your being – emotional, physical, intellectual or spiritual – depending on where it is required the most.
The animal’s traits, characteristics, behaviours, habitat and symbolic meaning aid you and guides you step-by-step in your healing process. Animals will teach you if you allow them to and it’s as simple as calling upon their energy and essence and they are instantly at your service. How to do this will be covered in class.
Animal totems can be seen as channels or frequencies similar to a radio depending on the need of the individual. Animal totems are our guides and come and go throughout our life as needed – even if we are unaware of their assistance. They offer us their traits, qualities and characteristics to use in our life to help us grow and move forward in the ways most helpful for us at a particular time. For example, if you need to slow down in your life, you call upon turtle medicine to help (for turtles move very slowly). But turtles also have a protective shell, so if you are in need of some safety and security, you could also call on a turtle guide to protect you.
If you need to get creative and busy constructing and building something new in your life, you could call upon beaver medicine. To help you see something from a new angle or a higher perspective you could call upon an eagle guide to assist.
Animals have hidden qualities and forces in nature that you can access if you can attune with them and ask for their assistance or ask for their vibration and essence to be with you.
The animals exemplify qualities that you can learn from – qualities you need or are lacking in your daily life at that particular time.
Using the animals as spiritual tools along your individual journey – to guide you on your path of self discovery is a great asset in guiding you through challenging periods of your life.
When a certain animal crosses your path – be in through an actual encounter, dream or just an image of an animal that catches your attention repetitively, than you can consider this animal a guide with a message for you. Learning how to understand the message is what you will learn in this workshop and you will be provide with a copy of Kerry’s booklet on Animal Symbols and Meanings in this class to assist you in the process.
Animals (including your pets) are on the earth to assist humanity and impart their wisdom. Unfortunately most of these teachings have been lost in our current cultural paradigm. Ancient cultures and civilizations (especially Native American Indians) honoured our animal friends as important guides in our lives. This is part of the Ancient Mystery School Teachings that will be discussed in class.
You will also learn:
• What is animal medicine and what are animal totems
• How to work with animal guides, medicine and totems
• What animal is your personal totem and guide
• Why animals guide you and what is their sacred duty here on the earth plane
• How animals are drawn into your life and why you need to pay attention
• Which animal guide would be most helpful for you at this time in your life
• How to apply and work with the animals lessons in your life.
• How to decipher the meaning of an animal’s messages to you
• What animal to call upon to help with specific concerns or issues
• How to allow animals to aid you in your healing journey
• How to honour animals and their medicine
• How to recognize what areas you require healing in and how to invoke certain animal medicine to assist in that healing process
• Using animal totems and guides for your spiritual journey, awakening and empowerment
• How your pets help you in your life
• How to communicate with your pets in a new way and honour them as sacred helpers on your life’s path
You will be lead on a guided meditation journey to meet with one of your animal guides
During the meditation journey you will be able to communicate with your guide and receive guidance, insight, clarity, validation and direction from your wise animal adviser.
Kerry will also channel and animal guide or totem during this workshop for each participant!
You may wish to think of some questions prior to class that you’d like to ask your animal guide.